Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions Canada, Arc Flash Study at Tunney’s Pasture Campus
Location : Ottawa, Ontario
Year : 2020
Client : BGIS Global Integrated Solutions Canada LP
Project type : Arc Flash Study
Pro Watts performed Arc flash study for 9 government buildings. Building condition investigation, on site data collection, short circuit analysis, protective coordination study, arc flash calculation, arc flash label installation, electrical safety training.
It includes review existing power distributions of the buildings, Single Line validation, electrical system inventory verification, short-circuit, device evaluation, protective device coordination, Arc Flash risk analysis, and Arc Flash label compliance, Arc Flash mitigation recommendation, electrical safety and PPE training, electrical safety program and work permit support.
The study was performed in accordance with the CSA Z462: Workplace Electrical Safety Standard. Safety labels, also in accordance with CSA Z462 are applied on all panel board, motor control centers, Switchgear, and all major electrical equipment.
Scope of Services:
- Site investigation of each building to record information on the electrical distribution system to update the electrical Single Line diagrams at each location
- Short circuit reports
- Device evaluation reports
- Coordination Graphs
- Protective device settings
- Arc Flash hazard analysis
- Recommended mitigation action lists
- Validated Single Line drawing
- Equipment inventory updates
- Preparation and installation of approximately 5000 Arc Flash warning labels
- Preparation of work permit requests
- Coordinated on-site investigation and label installation
- Obtained proper security clearance to PSPC satisfaction
- Managed budget forecast and invoicing to client expectation
- Prepared report for out of scope work and client follow-up